Thursday, July 23, 2009

Men's hairstyles / hair cuts / combing?

How many men out there still have the same hair style / cut / combing pattern that your mother gave you when you were growning up? Honest to God or whoever you wish...99% of the men I know have the exact same hair cut, hair style, combing direction...that they had growing up as a little boy??!! Time for a change maybe? Women are expected to change EVERYTHING about our appearance (hair, clothes, shoes, makeup, etc) about every 3 months, so why do so many women put up with their man looking like they did 5, 10 ,15, 20, etc. years ago!???



Men's hairstyles / hair cuts / combing?

As a kid, I had the 80's bowl cut. Reason being that:



1.) I didn't care.



2.) It was easy for my parents and they had enough to deal with just my being their son already.



Now, I take care of that stuff myself and my main motivation is practicality.



My hair is now just short enough that is can't be grabbed hold of.



This has a few advantages:



1.) I've been training in martial arts for over 20 years now. To have long hair feels dangerous to me because hair that can be grabbed can be pulled which means your head and neck can be easily controlled... just like walking down the street with my hands in my pockets - hands out, you can use them, hands in you can't use them.... even when you need to.



My cue to get my hair cut is when I can get a good grip on my own hair.



2.) I get up, jump in the shower and am out in 10 minutes in the morning. Most of that time is spent in a daze waking up to be honest.



3.) I get dressed, walk into my bathroom, shake my head around, and I'm good to go.



4.) Short cuts have been popular off and on through the years and I've been told I should change my style a few times. Funny, that if I say 'I see why you would think that' then do nothing, a few months later, its back in style without me changing a thing.



5.) I have a few cowlicks that just don't work unless I have short hair. The short cut eliminates the problem.



6.) Most importantly, those who judge me on my hair style tell me right away that their judgement is superficial. That means they have save my time and effort telling me all I need to know about their values without me having to put in any more effort than I do with my hair. To that, I say, thanks.



7.) Lastly, in my experience, just about any woman likes short hair on her man but few insist on long hair. Why fight statistics?



How can I go wrong by keeping a hair style I've had for years that my mother didn't give me growing up?



Men's hairstyles / hair cuts / combing?

I have a different hairstyle than from my younger days. As I get older, I tend to have my hair cut shorter. I think it is more distinguished looking.



Same for older women. I find older women who have gray hair and who keep it long to look like witches. There is nothing wrong with gray, but one just needs to look age appropriate. Same goes for hair color. Nobody is fooling anyone by coloring their hair when they get into their 40s and 50s.



Men's hairstyles / hair cuts / combing?

"Put up with"...I bet you are fun to have around.



I really don't care what my husband does with his hair, its his. It is not mine to dictate what he does with it or judge him by. Yes I have preferences, but I don't get upset of it is not how I prefer it. Think if this were the other way around. If a man complained about a woman's hair style. She would be called "oppressed" by other women.



Frankly, men don't care what your hair looks like. No man has ever told me "Gee I wish you would change your hair style."...Women (my friends) have though. Face it. We do not change our hair or make up for men. We do it for other women and ourselves.



Men's hairstyles / hair cuts / combing?

I frequently experiment with hair products and styles, because I have "problem" hair, but for those who have found a style that works for them: why should they change?



Men's hairstyles / hair cuts / combing?

I have the hairstyle I was born with.



How's that for coming full circle?



Men's hairstyles / hair cuts / combing?

OMG YES! I so agree with you. I've set the bar a bit higher now.



I won't accept guys anymore that put so much gel in their hair they're a cactus.



I won't accept guys anymore that put so much coconut crisco in their hair they leave a stain on the wall when they stand up from the couch.



ROFLMAO.

No comments:

Post a Comment