Saturday, August 1, 2009

I want to grow my hair long... what should i do to maintain it well....?

i want to grow my hair long but last time i did that it ... kinda looked like an afro... it was curling up but i didnt take care of it... i never combed my hair o put anythin on it. i wanna grow it nice and long... lol



I want to grow my hair long... what should i do to maintain it well....?

Hello! Coming from a hairstylist here....first of all, it sounds like your natural texture is pretty curly, which can be mistaken for damage and frizz. You may want to visit a salon and ask if they have any gentle chemical relaxer services for you. They have definately come a long way! My other advice is to be sure to take your vitamins (Biotin is known to help hair growth), don't forget to get regular trims every 8-12 weeks(I know it sounds backwards, but it really helps), and don't over-damage your hair with chemicals and heat tools. As far as not combing it, though, I would say go ahead and do it because your natural oils from your scalp help nourish the rest of your hair. Good luck and be patient! Try different headbands and accessories while you're growing it out.



I want to grow my hair long... what should i do to maintain it well....?

is your hair naturally curly or no? if not...let it grow. brush/comb it, shampoo and condition it. don't use many products [hairspray, gels] on it. don't know whether or not you're male or female, so don't use hair dryers, curling irons, straighteners, etc... they all damage the hair. and once it's longer, trim it every few months to rid of split ends.



I want to grow my hair long... what should i do to maintain it well....?

My sister has long beautiful telephone curls. One thing she mentioned is that she does not use alot of conditioner because it makes the curls limp. After shower she puts a towel on the table then places her forehead on the towel she then curl the towel together with her hair and twist it like a candy wrapper. let it dry for about 30 minutes and you have gorgeous curly vibrant hair.



I want to grow my hair long... what should i do to maintain it well....?

Sweetheart the key to long hair is moisture you have to keep it moisturize all the time and make sure your ends are moisturize too dont put too much heat on it to break off your hair and try not to cut it to much that where the moisturize comes in cause if you keep your ends moisturize you wont need to trim it and it will grow and grow heres a site with a sista who got some seriously long hair check her out oh yeah and wash 3-4times a week too

No comments:

Post a Comment